Friday 10 February 2012

MY FIRST TIME...
So what does one possibly write for their very first blog entry??? really difficult to think when you are feeling under pressure for no reason at all. I'd write a little about myself but its so typical of a first blog entry that i wont even bore anyone reading this because chances are you know me already, so how about we just skip all the unnecessary admin.

Why 'Rumble in the Jungle' as a title you wonder, well I don't know either because it came to me one night, about two weeks ago as I was contemplating to start this blog and the time must have been 00:38, out of nowhere I woke up with it on my mind, I wrote it down in my notebook so I wouldn't forget and here it is.

In my defense I did google it and found that 'Rumble in the Jungle' was a historic boxing event that took place on October 30 1974, it as a fight between George Forman and Muhammad Ali (goggle it, well..not until you've finished reading). Digging deep into my subconscious, I discovered it could be related to my father who is an avid boxing fan, although I possess no proof of him ever telling me about it. Who knows really, I must have been a baby and eavesdropping on one of the many conversations between him and my mom *shrugs*.

When trying to make sense of it I figure that it could mean that in this world we are all in a boxing ring, in a fight for life and it depends how fast your fists are, like Muhammad Ali said: *all together now* "fly like a butterfly and sting like a bee", I mean if the tiniest animals like bees and butterflies have mastered their art of life, why can't we.


But then again these are just words, life is a lot more complicated than that. In fact life is a Rumble in the Jungle and mine is no different. How sweet am I, even had enough time to get a picture of the fight, all 15seconds of my time dedicated to google images lol.

For a very first entry I actually had a lot more fun than I thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment